What’s expected of a Jasper driver?
Clear guidance so you know what’s expected when earning with Jasper.
Four Simple Requirements:
To have a 5-star trip every time, we ask that all drivers meet four simple requirements:
01: Be responsive
We ask drivers to respond to messages within 24 hours.
Responding quickly when riders reach out shows that you’re an attentive and reliable driver. How frequently & quickly you respond to booking inquiries is measured by your response rate.
02: Accept reservation requests
No rider likes to have to send 4 or 5 requests to find a ride, so we expect that if your listing shows you’re available, you accept most requests.
Make sure that your listing reflects the schedule that you’re able to complete a trip, this way you’re more likely to get booking requests that you can actually accommodate.
03: Avoid cancelling on accepted rides
We take cancellations seriously and ask all drivers to avoid cancelling on riders – their travel plans depend on it!
You’ll be subject to penalties if you cancel a confirmed booking. We ask that you avoid canceling confirmed bookings unless there are extenuating circumstances.
04: Get positive reviews
Riders like to know that they can expect a consistent level of quality, no matter who they book.
At the end of each trip, riders will review their experience in your car, which is one of the ways we evaluate you as a driver. Your overall rating is your average review score from all the trips you’ve completed.
As a driver, you’ll have an opportunity to rate riders too. Your feedback helps us ensure that riders are treating the cars and people that they ride with respectful.
Riders who are consistently flagged by drivers will be subject to penalties.
Getting Great Reviews
Drivers with great reviews tend to focus on the following four values:
Riders will expect to hop into a clean and tidy vehicle when they get picked up.
Make sure you dispose of all trash in the seats and don’t have any extra items on the floors. You can learn a lot about someone by the extra belongings in their car.
Riders will have the opportunity to rate the cleanliness of your vehicle, and the average of your ratings will appear on your listing page. If you consistently receive low cleanliness ratings, you may be subject to penalties.
- Clean your car regularly, especially the interior cabin where riders will be sitting.
- Check that there’s no extra items on the floors or in your trunk
- Wash the exterior often – We get it, cars get dirty. However, you can tell when its time for an exterior wash.
02: Accurate Listing Details
Setting the right expectations before embarking on a trip can contribute to a better experience for both you and your riders.
You can help travelers decide if your vehicle meets their needs by providing clear and honest information and must-know details like whether you allow pets.
A detailed listing and profile helps attract the guests who are looking for a ride just like yours.
Riders will have the opportunity to rate the accuracy of the information you provide.
- Accurate and up-to-date availability schedule, destination location, and departure location
- Listing photos to fairly represent yourself and the vehicle that you’re planning to drive with
- Amenities are as advertised, present and functional
- Use only high-quality photos of yourself and the vehicle
- Write a detailed description/bio of yourself, why you’re traveling, and the vehicle that you’re using.
- Provide accurate ground rules for the car so that your riders clearly know what you do and don’t allow, like smoking or pets.
- Be honest about unexpected factors that will impact your riders experience. Your riders deserve to know if your car brakes squeak or if their seat is broken and can’t recline.
Make sure your listing matches the price that you set. A very high price may lead travelers to not book your listing. Need help? Try looking at other listings in your area.
03: Easy Pick-Up
A clear and simple pick-up process will help put your riders at ease after booking. Riders will be asked to rate their pick-up experience at the end of their trip.
- Accurately list your pick up radius for your listing – riders will be able to book rides based off of that radius, so you’ll never get a ride request that’s too out of the way.
- After being booked, make sure to confirm the meet-up time and spot in advance.
- Make sure your guests know how to contact you in case they have a delay or last-minute question
04: Support Riders During the Drive
Traveling in a car is different from all other ride forms – it’s very personal.
It’s important to remain attentive to your passengers throughout the ride. Your passengers may have to stop and stretch every hour or so.
- Fill up your gas tank or give your car a full charge before you pick up your riders.
- Be proactive in your communication during the ride so riders feel comfortable with you and will communicate about any unique needs.
- Predetermine pit stops along the route so that the ride flows smoothly and there’s adequate break time if the car needs it.
- If you confirm a booking and something about your listing changes, tell your rider in advance.
Jasper connects people with places by providing a global platform for car travel. The community is powered by drivers who provide passengers with the unique opportunity to travel anywhere.